CLICK HERE TO ENTER
SPINTRAILS / CARNEDDAU EVENTS, LLANFAIRFECHAN,
CARNEDDAU 12K, 15TH SEPTEMBRE 2019.
Starting from Llanfairfechan the Gateway to Snowdonia. The Carneddau Trail 12k will truly be a stunning course, heading up Garreg Fawr mountain. Runners will see the old Roman road once at the top, and the most breath taking views of Anglesey and the surrounding area, and maybe catch a glimpse of the famous wild Carneddau ponies, who have lived along the mountains for hundreds of years.
The Trail race will start from the Industrial Estate Llanfairfechan, along a short tarmac road (Terrace Walk), to the foot of Garreg Fawr. From the road you will have a steep ascent along a trail track, follow the signed route to the summit of Garreg Fawr. Once at the top you will be directed by a marshal to follow the Old Roman Road. This lovely trail track is fairly flat, crossing over some small streams along the way.
The half way point will be at the car park near Rowen village, here you will be provided with water in paper cups, all runners will make a quick turn around and head back in the same direction towards Garreg Fawr. The race back down is the fairly steep and challenging, and will be on the opposite side of the mountain, staying left following the large wall all the way down, back into the race village at the Industrial Estate. The first Runner to reach the finish line will claim the Carneddau 12k trophy, but whether you choose to race, ramble or walk there’ll be a medal waiting for you at the end.
The race will be fully signed and marshaled.
location: Llanfairfechan Industrial Estate, Llanfairfechan, Conwy, North Wales.
Total course distance: 12km
Elevation gain: 1426 ft
Aid stations: 1 (you are advised to carry water and a gel)
You must be over 18 years of age on the day of the race to enter the event.
Entry price £18
Entry fee includes:
- Event number
- Race timing
- Fuel and hydration during race
- Post-event refreshments
- Prizes for the Male and Female Winners
A race number for the run will be supplied. The race number must be visible on the front at all times during the event. Failure to show your number may mean you do not get a time for your race.
- Windproof or waterproof jacket
- Mobile phone
- Off road trail running shoes – if wet the course can be very slippery & treacherous.
- Hydration pack, soft bottle or cup. The run event will be plastic cup free in a bid to reduce waste and help care for the environment.
- Water within paper cups will be supplied at the half way point on the course.
- Registration will be open between 2pm and 5pm Saturday 14th September,2019, and the will re- open again the following day 7.00am at Unit 3, Llanfairfechan Industrial Estate, Llannerch Road, Llanfairfechan, Conwy , North Wales. Please arrive as early as possible and ensure you have your mandatory equipment with you. You will be issued with your race number and timing chip during registration. Registration closes at 8.30am.
- Event schedule
- 07-00 – 08:30 Registration
- 08:50 - Compulsory race brief
- 9:00 - Race start
- 10:00 - Expected first finisher
- 11:50 - Expected last finisher
- 11.50 - Carneddau 12k prize giving!
- Prizes will be presented on the day at 11.50am.
- All finishers will receive a complementary race medal. Prizes will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd male and female runners.
- Parking & Toilet Facilities:
- There will be some parking provided on the Industrial Estate and within the Golf Course opposite. Parking is also available down the beach and along Bangor Road. Please do not park on the roads in the village, and around the housing estate near the race village. There are toilets at registration within Unit 3, and at the Golf Club where you can also get tea and coffee, breakfast or lunch.
- From the A55 past Conwy, 6 miles further along you will see the first roundabout signed Llanfairfechan, come into the town, through the traffic lights, then turn left up Caefynnon, follow the sign for the Golf Course. At the top keep right, past the fire station on Llannerch Road, and then on the right again you will see the Industrial Estate. Coming along the A55 from Anglesey or Caernarfon, take the first turning signed Llanfairfechan follow the Bangor road into the Town, then take the right turn up the hill along Caefynnon, keep right along Llannerch road, and then you will see the race village within the Industrial Estate LL330EB.
- Spectator info:
- Spectators are welcome at Carneddau events. Please park considerately and stick to public footpaths! There are plenty of good spots along the route from which to support your friends or family and plenty of view points to enjoy the race from. If you take any photos or video footage of the event we would love to see them. If you are interested in getting involved as a volunteer on the day, please get in touch.